Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We met Christopher Paolini!

I don't normally do more than one post a day, but I just had to share what we did last night. . .
Way back in August, we heard that Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon and the Inheritance Saga, would be coming out with the last book in the series in November and would also be doing a book tour.  We found out he would be presenting in the city 2 hours from us.  Now you have to understand how much my 9 year old daughter Miss E loves this series.  She has read all the books, but most importantly she has listed to the audio books like 4 times each--seriously.  So, when she heard he was coming, we decided we had to go, and she was ecstatic!  So last night Miss A, my mom, Miss E, Miss O, Ben, and I all went up to the city.  Mr J stayed home with Grandpa :) 
Christopher was presenting at a church.  He talked, fenced, did a cartwheel, and read a short excerpt from each of the four books.  He was very good, entertaining, and lots of fun to listen to. 

 He took questions, and then you got to have your books signed.  Here he is with Miss E.  I think he was surprised someone that young was there.  He asked her if she had read the books.  She said yes.  He said, "All of them?" in a surprised voice, "yes" she replied.  Then he questioned her, "How old are you?"  "Nine,"  she said.  "Wow," he said, "I am very impressed."  Miss E felt very special, let me tell you.

My mom and Christopher with Miss A behind her

And Christopher signing Miss O's book.  It was a really fun night that we will all remember.  It always means so much when you can read a book and say, "I met this author."  Makes it so much more personal.  If you haven't read his books yet, you should check them out.  Great fantasy reads!   And if his book tour is stopping near you, go hear him and buy a book!

No comments:

Post a Comment