Saturday, December 8, 2012

Daily December 8--New Christmas Books

Love, love, love books at our house.  May have something to do with my mom being a librarian or my degree in English, but whatever the reason, we love books.  We especially love Christmas books.  I have seen some cute ideas about how people wrap a Christmas book to be read each day in December--new and old.  I have never done that, but think it is a cute idea.  We have the tradition of buying a new Christmas picture book each year to add to our collection, and then we display our collection all over the house so Christmas picture books are in easy reach wherever you are.  Even though I have some older kids (almost 15, 12, 10, 7) they all still like picture books.  Who wouldn't?  I still love picture books.  So this year we got 2 new Christmas picture books instead of one, and then I wanted to share an old favorite of ours also.

This is one of the new books we got this year The Christmas Train:  A True Story by Thomas S. Monson.  When I first saw this advertised I knew I had to get it.  My 7 year old boy Mr J loves trains, and I knew he would love this!

This is our other new book this year Christmas Oranges retold by Linda Bethers.  I didn't intend to get this one, but during Thanksgiving we watched a movie of it at my in-laws. We all really enjoyed it and decided we needed the book.  A heart-warming story about orphans and how for Christmas they get just one orange.  Made my kids appreciate their oranges after watching the movie and reading the book.

This is a Christmas book we have had several years, and it is one of our favorites.   How Santa Really Works by Alan Snow.  My brother and his family gave it to us in 2005.  My kids love it!  They can each look at it every day and just read it for hours.  It has lots of pictures and little captions for them.  Lots to look at and explains how Santa works really well.  A super fun Christmas book!

What are some of your favorite Christmas picture books?

No comments:

Post a Comment