Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday thoughts

 My random Friday thoughts. . . 
My weekly inspirational bathroom mirror quote.  Talking to each other is so important and making that time a priority is important too.  We need to do better about date nights.  That is my goal lately.  Weekly date nights.  We go in spurts on that--do well for a while, then kids' schedules get crazy and we slack off.  With summer and vacations we have gotten off, so we are starting new now.  We live in a small town, so date nights and things to do can be challenging.  I don't mind movie dates, just not every week, so I am going to have to be more creative.  I have told Ben we will switch being in charge of the date each week.  We enjoy playing games together.  Skip-bo is one of my favorite that you can play with 2 people.  


My 14 year old daughter Miss O found this book at the library last week.  It is a trilogy and all 3 are out--love it when all the books in a series are out, and trilogies are so nice.  She read all 3 in 3 days.  She loved them.  I am about 3/4 of the way through number one.  Miss E, my 12 year old, is almost done with #2.  An interesting, well-written, and fun fantasy story.

Then wanted to share our family pictures from the reunion.

Thought they turned out cute.

And how can it be August already??  2 1/2 weeks till school starts again.  oh.my.  

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment