Wednesday, November 28, 2018

2018 Blue Jeans Week 46

I am behind because we went to Utah for Thanksgiving to see my girls and to visit family.  It was a great Thanksgiving!  But I am behind, and trying to catch up, so here is the week before Thanksgiving...
The youth in our congregation are practicing a song and the sign language to go with it, and Mr J is their accompanist.  It is a beautiful song called "We Believe"

Because we will be gone for Thanksgiving, and we have the tradition of decorating for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving, I talked Ben into decorating before we go, so we don't get back and feel behind and have to do it later than normal.  It took some convincing, but he relented, and we got the house decorated and our huge 12 foot tree up, which is always a chore!  but it is so pretty!

Enjoying an beautiful fall evening walk and the pretty leaves!

And we are off on our 1150 mile trip to see family for Thanksgiving....

Made it to Utah and the BYU campus.  They had pretty fall leaves there too.  Lots of memories here as this is where we both went to college, met and were married.  

College football game!  And a BYU football game is not complete without eating a Cougar Tail--which is about a 2 foot long maple donut bar.  They are so good!

Our crew enjoying the evening football game that was COLD!  But a great game that we won, and the kids had a great time in the student section.

Had some family pictures taken while we were out there.  Just a funny "out take"  So fun to have all these kids together again!!

Love this one!!!!

And our family!  So nice to have everyone together!!!  So much to be thankful for!!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you could be with the girls and other family in Utah for Thanksgiving but super long drive. What a troopers. That cougar tail looks awesome! And I love those family pictures especially on close up one of all 4 kids. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad that I haven't read or commented on your blog in so long. You are always so sweet to comment on my blog even though I waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind (just finishing up July posts). Ever since I had the baby (shes SEVEN months old now!!!) and am working from home, all my free time seems to have disappeared. But I think of you often and how things are going for you.

    Is it sad to say that I attended BYU for 4 years and graduated from there and went to LOTS of football games there and I had no idea what a Cougar Tail was??? I feel like I missed out on something incredible.

    I LOVE your new family photo. Y'all look great. In case I don't get around to commenting again before Christmas, I hope y'all have a WONDERFUL one! ♥

    ReplyDelete