Monday, February 1, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 4

Welcome to February!  January seemed like a really long month for some reason....anyone else feel that way?  We are healthy and well and grateful for that!  It was a good week.  Nothing too exciting, but had a yummy cake to celebrate our state's birthday!  Take a look at our week....
Ben serves as the Bishop in our church congregation which would be equal to a priest or minister, but he also has a full time regular job.  The offices in our church are all volunteer and unpaid.  These are his counselors, clerk and secretary (my dad on the left).  All great men who also volunteer unpaid to serve.  Grateful he has this group to help him with his responsibilities!

Fun picture from Mrs A this week.  They had this awesome frisbee on their wedding registry, and someone got it for them, and she was so excited!  We have the same frisbee that she grew up using.  Lots of fun!

Quiet and cold evening at home by myself--Ben and Mr J at church, so I cuddled up with a warm blanket and read my book.  Perfect evening to spend wrapped in a warm blanket with a good book!

Working on a cake for this week.  I do them over a few days--make the cake, wrap and freeze them one day, make the filling another day, and then I make the frosting and assemble on a different day.  

Love this picture of my college kids this week.  They played pickle ball together and then had lunch together.  Makes my heart happy to see them together!

Friday Date Night--with COVID, stay at home dates are definitely the norm, especially on a cold winter night.  We did a puzzle date night.  It was fun.  

My grasshopper pie cake all done and decorated with a sunflower to celebrate our state's birthday.


My traditional sunflower cake picture, but Ben was the only one home to have me take it with the cake this year.  We celebrate our state's birthday every year with a "sunflower" cake.  This was ours this year, and it was yummy!

Thanks for visiting!  Stay safe and healthy!  Be kind!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun wedding gift and so cool that she is so excited about it--love that! Super cute picture of the college kids having lunch together. I'm surprised there is no snow there. Your cake look amazing as usual and it's great you guys are intentionally having stay-at-home date nights. I sure can't wait until this whole COVID thing is more under control so we can go out again but until then have to get creative and make the most of it. Thanks for reminding me of that!

    ReplyDelete