Monday, February 8, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 5

Winter has definitely arrived here.  We usually get our coldest weather in February, and it has definitely come!  Burr!  It is cold outside!  We had a good week.  Nothing too exciting.  We are all thankfully healthy and well.  In person school and work continues.  We are grateful for the opportunities we have and the community in which we live.  I realized I didn't post the family wedding pictures, so those will be up next.  Better late than never, take a look at our week....
I have been a Becky Higgins fan for over 10 years.  I have done her physical Project Life book also for over 10 years, but in 2020 I decided to try out her project life app and print my book through that.  Got a nice hardback one for Ben and I and then a paperback one for the kids.  Also did a wedding album for Mr A and Mrs A and it turned out great!  I think I am converted.  No more buying physical albums, page protectors, kits and ordering photo prints, just doing it all on my phone, and my 2020 albums are done!  Love it!

 I called my 95 year old DeeDee (my grandma) this week.  So glad we can do video calls so we can see each other.  Love seeing her!  Hopefully sometime this summer we will be able to see her in person and give her a huge hug!!!  She is amazing.  Still lives at home by herself and bakes cookies almost every day or knits or crochets something.  She got her first vaccine shot a few weeks ago and should get her second this week.  So happy for her!!!

Doing some family history documenting here, this necklace was my DeeDee's.  She wore it all the time when I was growing up.  I remember sitting on her lap and playing with it. I thought it was so cool as a kid.  It is a gold whale's tail.  My uncle went to Hawaii and got it for her when I was just little.  It was the one piece of jewelry that I remember her wearing and associate with her.  About 10 or so years ago when I was at her house, she asked if I wanted any of her jewelry, and I quickly knew exactly what I wanted.  I wanted her whale tail necklace. She very graciously gave it to me.  It means a lot to me and is my DeeDee necklace.   

My graduation desk pictures.  This desk holds each of my girls' graduation pictures and the picture of my 3 girls from Mrs A's wedding that I LOVE!  Will post those pictures in a different post today.  It took me a while to get Miss E's graduation picture printed and out, but I love this.  Just a few more years and we will add Mr J's to this desk, but thankfully that is still a few more years away!!!

Hello February!  Getting our Valentine's pillow cases out and on the pillows today!

Ben ordered some new pickle ball rackets with some birthday money he had not used (his birthday is in Oct) and we tried them out this weekend before it got super cold.  Friday night for our date night, we went to our church and played indoor pickle ball in the gym-just the two of us, and then Saturday he wanted to try them outside on the regular pickle ball court.  They worked pretty well, but we sure didn't last too long outside as it was COLD and windy, but he got his fix so that is good!

Picture from Miss O this week.  These are her freshman roommates, and she got together with them this weekend and had blast.  Such awesome girls!  

Thanks for visiting!  More wedding pictures come soon!  Stay safe and healthy and be kind!

1 comment:

  1. So much goodness here. Absolutely love the new wedding pictures you posted and especially the family one and the one of your girls laughing together both of which you highlighted here. I've been using the PL app for a few years now and love it but am still behind on my annual books. I seem to gravitate toward more themed albums lately like travel and one for Tyler's college years. Turns out we have some new pickle ball courts in our area so we'll have to try them out. Brandon does get to start HS tennis practice this week. They will have a super short season with only 3 matches total but at least it's something that's not remote. Hope things warm up for you all soon.

    ReplyDelete