Wednesday, June 23, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 24

How is your summer going?  With the 4th of July fast approaching, it seems like it is flying by!  We had a good week.  Staying cool inside and everyone working hard.  Take a look at our week...

Our Sunday services were online this week as it was a large regional meeting.  Mr J and Miss E got out the Harry Potter Lego castle to put together while listening.

These two are working on a beautiful duet!  Love hearing them play!

Made a new treat, these are nanaimo bars which are from Canada.  They are a no-bake treat which we had never heard of before but I saw on a few blogs recently, so we decided to give them a try.  I got the recipe off of Cake by Courtney.  They were yummy!

Our game this week was Qwirkle which is one of Miss E's favorites, so we play it more when she is home.

Miss E and Mr J went up to my sister's to visit for a few days this weekend, and she sent me this picture of them playing croquet with my BIL.  They had a lot of fun!

We had a weekend long date with no kids home so we went to see a movie in the theater which we have not done in over a year.  Really enjoyed In the Heights!  

This is my mom (the brunette) with her 2 sisters, 2 brothers and her mom--My DeeDee.  My Grum (my mom's dad) passed away several years ago, and if you know my mom, you know she is a quilter.  So my mom took my grandpa's shirts and cut them all up and made 6 quilts from those shirts one for each of her siblings, her mom, and herself.  She took them out and gave them to all her family this last week.  So awesome to see!  Such a labor of love.  They didn't know she was doing it!  So much love!

 Hope you have a wonderful week!  Thanks for visiting!  Hope you and yours are safe, healthy, and happy!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome about the quilts. Such a great labor of love indeed. Looks like a fun playful week and yay for going to a movie in a theater which is something we still need to do and are planning soon when we can get everyone's work schedule synched.

    ReplyDelete