Monday, July 5, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 26

Hello!  Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July weekend!  We sure enjoyed ours.  We had a good week.  Got my June cake in.  It was yummy!  Ben and I enjoyed a long bike ride for our date, and we started the weekend with some yummy food!  Take a look at our week...
Sunday game was Rat-a-Tat-Cat on our bed.  We have had this game forever.  It is one we played with the kids when they were really little and we still like to play!

My June cake--my goal this year was to make one fancy cake a month.  Waited until the end of June to get this one done.  This is a coconut raspberry lemon cake from Cake by Courtney.

This was the inside.  Coconut cake, coconut buttercream. raspberry cream filling and lemon curd filling.  Yummy!

This handsome kid got braces on this week!  Woohoo!  Looks good!  Countdown has begun!

So we have had an crazy amount of rain this last weekend and beginning of the week.  We had over 10 inches of rain over the weekend!  Then got more and more.  We started getting water in our basement  so this was part of the mess--sucking the water out of the window wells.  The window wells are covered but there was so much water it was seeping in under the window wells.  Crazy!  It was a mess!  but thankfully we were able to get it cleaned up and cleared out after pumping several hours over a few days.  The rains stopped and are supposed to stay away for at least a week which is great so we can dry up!!  Ugh!  What a mess!

I cut Ben's hair this week.  I took a hair cutting class while in college, and I have been cutting Ben's hair and all the kids ever since--over 25 years!  That class has saved us so much money over the years!!

Our date this week--we went on a 14 mile bike ride together.  We had a cooler day on Saturday and enjoyed the ride together!

Getting ready for the 4th!  Miss E made this amazing fruit pizza!  So yummy!


Thanks for visiting!  Hope you are healthy and safe and happy!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. That cake sounds so good and refreshing--all my favorite flavors in one. I really wish you could have sent us some of that rain. I also used to cut all my boys' hair but gave up when the hit the teen years because it just took too much time and they got picky on me--lol! Looks like an amazing hike and a yummy 4th.

    ReplyDelete