Monday, August 2, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 30

We have had a super hot and humid summer week this week.  It is a week to definitely stay indoors which is good because the Olympics are on and we love watching those.  Can't believe August has hit and school starting in just a few weeks!  We are healthy and well and so grateful for that!  Take a look at our week...
Mr J in his free time has been doing old Lego sets.  These were this week's creations and then he takes them apart and gets out new ones.  It makes me happy to see them.  You are never too old for Legos!

In our back field they are bailing hay this week.  I love to watch them do that!  The bailer is like magic!  Yes, I am a country girl!

Happy birthday to my amazing Mom!  Sure love her!  For her birthday "cake" I made her this heavenly blueberries and cream angel food cake dessert from none other than the amazing Mel's Kitchen Cafe here.  SO good!  She has a raspberry version we have made too, and it is also to die for!


Mr J helping me make cookies this week.  We made the double chocolate s'mores cookies from again the amazing Mel's Kitchen Cafe here.  I seriously make a recipe of her's almost daily.

These two wanted to help me grocery shop this week.  For the last year and a half since COVID started I have limited my grocery store visits to once every two weeks.  It has been good and challenging, but menu planning helps make it work.  So today was my two week trip, and these two joined me.  

Happy national cheesecake day!  When I saw it was National Cheesecake day I knew I had to make some!  So I made these super easy mini cheesecakes that is my mom's recipe from when I was a little kid.  Vanilla wafer in the bottom of the foil cupcake liner, then beat 2 eggs and add 3/4 cup sugar, beat, then add 2 (8 oz) package cream cheese (softened)  and 1 tsp vanilla.  Beat well and divide batter into cup cake liners. Bake 325 for 15 minutes. Top with fruit or eat plain.  Makes about 20

A sign that you live in a small town when this is in front of you going down the road.  We pulled up behind this and just had to laugh as we followed it down the street.  We love where we live!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a great week!  Stay safe and healthy and happy!

2 comments:

  1. Love those rolled hay bales. You don't really see them here. Lot's of yummy treats this week and so random about that trampoline move. LOL! Love small town stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the hay baling! It IS like magic. We love to watch also. And yep, definitely #smalltownlife We live it too!

    ReplyDelete