Saturday, February 5, 2022

My 2021 Reading list

 I have had the goal for years to read as many books as I will have candles on my birthday cake that year.  Some years I go way over, some years I am right on, and some I don't even get close.  Last year was one of those years.  Within that reading goal, I also have the goal to have at least 10 of my books be non-fiction, and I met that goal this year.  I love to read and this next year I home to be much closer to my goal or maybe even surpass it has I have in the past.  Here is a look at what I read in 2021in no particular order, just in the order I read them throughout the year.  

1.  The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

2.  Ashes on the Moore by Sarah Eden

3.  All Creatures Great and Small by James Harriot (non-fiction)

4.  All thing Bright and Beautiful by James Harriot (non-fiction)

5.  Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt (non-fiction)

6.  Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers

7.  The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd

8.  The Mourning Dove by Larry Barkdoll

9.  Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer (non-fiction)

10.  The Book of Mormon (non-fiction)

11.  Tropical Secrets by Margarita Engle

12.  Before and After by Judy Christie and Lisa Wingate (non-fiction)

13.  A Tangled Inheritance by Chalon Linton

14.  Dragon Hoops by Gene Luen Yang

15.  When Stars are Scattered by Victoria Jamieson

16.  The Callendar Papers by Cynthia Voight

17.  The Book of Longings by Sue Monk Kidd

18.  The Day the World Came to Town, 9/11 in Gander, Newfoundland by Jim DeFede (non-fiction)

19.  The Woman They could Not Silence by Kate Moore (Non-Fiction)

20.  The Crown of Rosemund by Michele Ashman Bell

21.  Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man by Emmanuel Acho (non-fiction)

22.  On the Wings of Heros by Richard Peck

23.  No Cure for Being Human by Kate Bowler (Non-fiction)

24.  Inquisitor's Tale by Adam Gidwitz

What were my favorites?  I loved James Herriot's books.  I need to read the other two.  When Starts are Scattered is a graphic novel and a true story about a boy in a refugee camp.  So powerful! I wouldn't not recommend any of them.  They were all good.  Angela's Ashes was probably my least favorite.  It was hard to read at times.  What did you enjoy reading this last year?

1 comment: