Monday, August 7, 2023

2023 Blue Jeans Week 31

This was a great week.  Mr J got his quilt from Nana. I got a new bike, and all is well with the world :) Take a look at our week...
My mom is an amazing quilt maker! She has been doing a flannel quilt for each of her family members.  She got Mr J's done in time for him to take it to college. Such a cool design! It will look great on his bed in the dorms!

Game this week was Bold. A fun and more challenging type of a matching game.

How I decompress in the evenings.  I am on a screen all day, so I get out a pencil and do paper sudoku puzzles.  This book was my Grum's. He loved cross word puzzles and sudoku. Makes me think of him whenever I do my nightly puzzles. He did the puzzles at the beginning of the book and I am finishing them.

Ben has been looking and wanting a new bike for a long time.  He hasn't found exactly what he wants for the price he wants yet, but he found one for me.  I wasn't really looked, but he said, "This is a really good bike for a really good deal, but they don't have my size, but they have yours, so I am going to get it for you." That is true love. The bikes we have are ones we bought before we got married, so they are 26 years old this year! My new bike arrived Friday, and our date night was putting it together and then going for a bike ride.

All put together.  My friends asked me what color it was, and I told them I didn't know until we opened the box because I never saw the bike Ben ordered, but I sure love the color!

Making some final seat adjustments, then we are headed out!

Went for a bike ride Friday night, and then Saturday morning we headed out on a longer bike ride on the trails. Love my new bike!  Now we just need to get Ben one!

Thanks for visiting! Thanks for keeping up with us! Hope you are well wherever you are!


 

1 comment:

  1. Love how that quilt turned out for Mr. J and super special to be made by his grandmother. Congrats on the new bike! I love the color. Also glad you are finding good ways to decompress after work--super important.

    ReplyDelete