Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Andes Mint cookies

Andes Mint Cookies

Per my Amazing Aunt Becky's request, I am going to try and post a favorite recipe each week.  Probably shoot for Wednesday or Thursday to do that.  This week is one of Ben's favorite cookies ever.  I originally got this recipe from Becky Higgins in 2007, but her website has changed, and I don't see the recipes column anymore.  There is an "easier" recipe for these out there just using a boxed cake mix, but we have tried both, and this original version is way, way better.  Each year our library has a Valentine's Chocolate sale to raise money for the library.  I have volunteered to bring these cookies for the last 5 years, and I have been told they sell out very first.  These are good!   They freeze well too, and I have doubled and tripled the recipe several times.  I have made these for our neighbor Christmas cookie plates for years too.  Everyone loves them. What is not to love about chocolate and mint in a cookie???  Enjoy!
Andes Mint Cookies

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 Tbl water

Melt the above in a saucepan over medium heat until just melted and then add...

2 cups chocolate chips (I always use semisweet)

Stir until completely melted, but don't over heat or boil.  Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes then pour into your mixing bowl and add

2 eggs, beat well, then add

2 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together and then cover bowl and chill in fridge for 45 minutes.  Roll into balls (I use the medium cookie scoop from Pampered chef which is about 1 1/2 to 2 Tablespoons of dough) and place on a cookie sheet.  Bake 350 for 10 minutes--do not overbake!  

Right after you take the cookies out of the oven, place an Andes mint on top of each cookie and allow to melt for 10 minutes, then swirl the melted chocolate like icing (see picture above) and then allow to cool completely and ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment