Monday, March 29, 2021

2021 Blue Jeans Week 12

It was a great week!  Happy birthday to me and an extra yummy cake!  Enjoying some spring weather and able to get outside more, and some fun pictures from my college kids.  Take a look at our week....
Our Sunday afternoon walk on the trails by our house.  Love the lake and starting to see a little bit of green, not much, but it is coming!  Yes, I am always last.  Mr J is always first and Ben is usually in-between.  I am the slowest walker, but slow and steady win the race!


Cute picture from the newlyweds this week.  This is Mr A's awesome mom.  They did a chopped competition double date night with Mr A's parents, and Mr A's younger siblings were the judges.  Mr A and Mrs A won!  Great people!  

Getting my front porch ready for spring.  Got some new door mats.  Love them!

Happy birthday to me!  I asked Ben a few months ago to take the day off, take me to the city to go clothes shopping and take me out to Olive Garden.  He delivered!  What a good guy!  It was the perfect birthday with this amazing guy!  Sure love him!  First time we have eaten inside a restaurant in over a year.  Kind of crazy!  But they were very spaced out and we felt safe, and such good food!

Later that day--happy birthday to me with my fancy cake I made.

This is my birthday cake that I made.  It is from cake by Courtney and is her The Tonight Show cake.  It is based off the Ben and Jerry's ice cream flavor The Tonight Dough (which I also love!).  It has a chocolate cake, eggless cookie dough, chocolate cookie crumbs, a peanut butter buttercream frosting, then a caramel cake and then you just repeat a few times.  Over 8 inches tall, but just 6 inch round cakes, and it was so good!  It was fun to make!

My amazing artist dad made this picture for me for my birthday of my February cake that I made.  Pretty awesome!  

Week 4 of COVID vaccine clinic volunteering.  I was doing medical screening this week.  Excited to see those chairs fill up!  2nd shots for everyone today including my parents which is awesome!

And LOVED this picture from this week from my girls.  These are my 3 girls plus 2 of my amazing aunts and my 95 year old grandma.  My grandma and 2 aunts had both their shots done a month ago and wanted to see my girls and take them on a picnic lunch and to do some shopping.  So grateful they were able to go!  What a blessing!  Wish I could have joined them!!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a safe and blessed Holy week as we celebrate Easter this coming week!  So grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ!  Stay safe and well!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Look at that amazing birthday cake you made yourself. Love it and sounds so yummy but filling. Looks like a wonderful week for all. So happy you got a birthday dinner out at a real restaurant too. Happy belated birthday to you! The cake picture from your dad is spot on. He knows you well.

    ReplyDelete