Friday, July 2, 2010

The Calm before the explosion

My house is nice and quiet, calm, serene, peaceful, and a whole bunch more of those similar adjectives because Ben has all 4 kiddos with him. Bless him. But the situation is quickly going to change because he took them to the firework stand!! Ahh! My kids go crazy when those open, and the situation is doubly bad for us because fireworks can only be sold outside the town limits and there is a stand set up along the road we go into town on every day. About 2 weeks before the 4th they start asking, "When is the firework stand going to open??" After it finally opens my kids beg and beg and beg to stop every time we drive by which is several times a day as we go into town for whatever. I have learned from years past to say "Your dad will take you, so you will have to ask him." This saves me. So when I hear all the begging as I cart kids around I reply, "Your dad is taking you. Talk to him." So tonight they pounced on him as soon as he got home from work. Poor guy didn't even have a chance. I repeat, bless him. I am a very lucky woman. So, they are there now. This is the calm before the explosion. I will let you know how we survive. Hope you have a good 4th too!

No comments:

Post a Comment