Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Pioneer Woman Mercantile

While Ben and Miss O were on a college visit last week, the kids didn't have school Thursday or Friday because of parent teacher conferences, so we decided we were going on a field trip.  I have been a fan of Ree Drummond aka The Pioneer Woman since 2007.  When her Mercantile and restaurant opened I really wanted to go.  When I found out it was just a few hours from me, I decided I was going!  My mom,  my sister and her husband and Mr J and Miss E joined me.  We were lucky enough to be there when you could tour the Lodge--the ranch guest house and where Ree films her Food Network show.  It was so beautiful!  So here is a look at our field trip from last week. . .
Eating an early dinner--normally the wait time for the restaurant is about 2 hours.  We got there later afternoon, went to the Lodge, and came back to the Mercantile to eat around 4 and walked right in--no line.  It is open from 7 a.m. to 7 pm. and early morning or later afternoon evening are the least busy.  All our food was amazing!!!  Everything on the menu and at the amazing bakery upstairs is one of The Pioneer Woman's recipes and does not disappoint!

This is the Lodge--the ranch guest house that Ladd and Ree remodeled in 2008 and where they film her Food Network show.  It sits on a hill and is such a beautiful setting!  We were lucky that it was open for tours the day we went because it isn't always open because of filming and guests staying there.

Inside the Lodge.  I loved the cowboy boots on the mantle!

Part of the kitchen where Ree cooks!

One of the awesome Pioneer Woman Kitchen aid mixers.

I wanted to cook in this kitchen!

So much fun!

They added on an addition to the Lodge a year and a half ago with a prep kitchen and storage or Ree's props for her cooking show.  Cool to see this room with all her stuff she uses!

And the view from the Lodge was absolutely amazing!  They definitely are out in the middle of nowhere, though!  100,000 acre ranch!

At the Mercantile.   

Inside the Mercantile and heading upstairs to the Bakery which is not to be missed--blueberry scones are amazing!!

If you ever get near Pawhuska, Oklahoma, I would highly recommend stopping and exploring and, of course, eating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment