Monday, October 21, 2019

Blue Jeans Week 42

An amazing week this week.  My dad turned 70, and all my siblings came out for it, and it has been 14 years since we have all been together at my parents' home!  It was awesome to all be together.  We just all live different places and getting us all in the same place at the same time has been pretty hard, so we sure enjoyed the few days we had to be together!  Take a look at our week...
Contemplating my dirty laundry this week...with 2 of my 4 kids out of the house, I do a lot less laundry, and who would ever think that doing LESS laundry could make you sad?  Life is full of different stages, and despite the challenges, we need to enjoy the stages we are in.  I am grateful for the stage I am in where I still have my wonderful husband's and two kids' laundry to do, but I am also grateful that my oldest 2 kids are able to be learning and growing and doing their own laundry in the stages they are in.

League cross country race for the week!  These two did awesome!  Regional and then hopefully state coming up in the next few weeks!

Picture from my college girls who had homecoming this week and went to an awesome concert during the celebrations!


And this amazing man is my Dad, and I did not get a very good picture, but at least I got one (because pictures are not his favorite things).  He turned 70 this week!  Happy Birthday Dad!  I made him his favorite banana cream pie.

My mom, brother-in-law, two nephews and I enjoyed a bike ride this week while my kids were in school as they came to celebrate my dad's birthday.

And this cute guy's birthday is coming up, and for his birthday I took him to see the Broadway touring musical of Dear Evan Hansen.  Wow!  It was powerful! I admit I cried multiple times.

The whole gang is together!  My two sisters and my brother.  Sure love them and so fun to all be together (first time in 14 years to all be together at my parents' home) for a few days for my dad's birthday!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. What a super great week celebrating your dad. I'm so happy the whole family could get back together. His pie looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete