Tuesday, May 19, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 20

Adjusting to reopening in our state and lives.  We have been blessed that were we live we have started into some phased re-openings.  In some ways I want to go out, but in others, I am happy to just stay home in my bubble.  Not sure what the "new normal" will look like, but we are grateful to be safe and sound and are remaining cautious as we reopen.  We are grateful for good leaders that do their best and have a hard balancing act to decide the best course of action.  So, we are good.  We had a good week.  Yummy food on Mother's day, and then a week full of rain.  Take a look at our week...
One of my Mother's day gifts was a humming bird feeder, and we go two to visit it right after we put it up.  That is exciting!  My Grum (my maternal grandfather) was a huge humming bird feeder man.  He had about 4 or 5 at his house and at his cabin in the mountains.  I have lots of fond memories of watching humming birds with him and of mixing up the sugar water to go into the feeders.  So, seeing this just makes me happy and remembering my Grum who I know was smiling down at my humming birds on my feeder!

My Mother's day cake--a lemon blueberry cake with whipped lemon frosting.  So, so, so good!  My kids did an awesome job making it!  It is from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

And lots, and lots, and lots of rain this week, but I was able to see this Baltimore oriole enjoying the orange we put out for it.  I think we have two pairs of orioles in our area right now.  They are so pretty and then to see them with our red cardinals is awesome too.  The colors of nature are amazing!  God definitely loves us!

So much rain, but I managed to get a picture of these pretty purple flowers blooming in my yard right now despite being almost surrounded by water in their beds because of so much rain!

And finally, it is the last day of school officially for this kid this week!  He was done with his online learning earlier this week, but Thursday was officially the last day of school--the school year that wasn't--so we got his traditional last day of school jump with  his mask on!  Here is to summer!

Went and donated blood this week, and masks were required.  My mom got our family these awesome BYU masks so we can be covered and protected in style :)

First project of the summer---making slime!  

And a picture from my college girls this week who spent some time in the mountains at a place we love to go as a family, and were able to go to our favorite little ice cream shop and get drive thru!  Sure love and miss these girls and am grateful they are safe and doing well!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you had a great week and are healthy and safe!  

1 comment:

  1. Your mother's day cake looks go yummy and I'm a big fan of humming birds too. We always had feeders out when I was growing up. I don't have any here but I do have many plants that the hummingbirds like to visit. That bird is super cool too. So nice all your kids are done with school for the summer already. I still have 2 in school for the next 3-4 weeks. Hopefully we all get some more freedom and can enjoy summer break soon. I'd at least like to go camping with my crew.

    ReplyDelete