Monday, October 5, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 40

It was a good week.  Great cross country meet, decorating for Halloween and some fun times outside.  We are still plugging along here.  School here is going well.  Cases here are low.  I am grateful for my faith in Jesus Christ that gets me through. Sometimes things are just so crazy, but He is a constant source of love, comfort, and peace during the crazy.  So every day I thank Him for our blessings--large and small!  Take a look at our week...
Mr J has been working and saving all his money this year to eventually get the new Apple watch.  It came this week, and he was sooooo excited!

Mr J getting his watch all set up with his phone.  Amazing what these little things can do!  He is excited and very happy with the result of his hard work and savings!

Fall is coming!  Getting decorations out for fall/Halloween.  Not sure what Halloween will be like this year.  We rarely if ever get trick-or-treaters where we live anyway, and I won't have any of my kids trick-or-treating this year.  We will celebrate how we always do by carving pumpkins and decorating pumpkin shaped sugar cookies.  Yum!

Mr J's cross country race for the week.  I love their pre-race huddle and prayer.  Great group of guys!

Mr J had his best race all season today!  He has been their #3 runner, but today he was their #2 and got 4th place overall.  Their team got 1st place!  Exciting day!!!

Mr J and his amazing cross country coach which also coached all of his older sisters AND was my cross country coach too.  Yes, he has been doing this for a long, long time, and sadly he says this year is his last, but I am so thankful Mr J was able to have him as a coach the last few years!!  Too bad he can't stay 2 more years to get Mr J through school!

Enjoying a beautiful evening in the backyard playing some badminton.  Admittedly, I am not very good, but we still have fun.  These boys have good attitudes and put up with me :)

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you are well and safe and stay that way!  Have a great week!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your in-person school is going well. We can now have schools open for in person if the district wants but I think they will wait until the 1st semester is over and see how flu season goes. Halloween will be weird. We usually have over 100 treaters but I doubt we'll have many or any at all this year. We are excited to carve pumpkins though. It's wonderful Mr J is doing so well with cross country. We're missing all sports here and it's sad. Enjoy the rest of your new week.

    ReplyDelete