Monday, January 30, 2023

2023 Blue Jeans Week 3

I am behind.  My amazing 97 year old DeeDee (my maternal grandmother) passed away, and I traveled to the funeral and was gone several days.  Not planned.  She was so amazing!  I want to be just like her when I grow up!  A full life and very healthy and lived at her own home by herself until the end.  My grandpa passed almost 10 years ago, and she missed him SO much!  Happy that they are now together again!  What a blessing for them!  Just hard for us left behind.  So catching up, this was 2 weeks ago.  Take a look at our week...
Donated blood for the first time this year.  Always a good thing to do!

My January cake--keeping up the tradition of making a cake a month.  This was a requested chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting (one of our favorites!) for a birthday at Ben's work.  

Game night.  Ben picked the game and it was Quixx which is one of his favorites.  Also a picture of the book Ben and I are reading aloud The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman.  So good!

This handsome senior of mine had a day off school and needed some new clothes, so we headed to the city for some shopping, and he treated me to lunch at his favorite place Chipotle.  Yum!

Ben's boss (sitting by me) used to come visit often and take us out to dinner, but because of COVID, we haven't seen him in a long time, and this was the first time since early 2020 that we went out to dinner with him.  Ben's former office manager and her husband joined us.  Fun evening.  

On Thursday morning of this week my amazing 97 year old DeeDee passed away.  Here she is with my mom and a quilt that was made for her from one of my mom's friends.  She was such a major influence and a big part of my life.  She was love and chocolate chip cookies and joy all in one.  I want to me just like her when I grow up.  Love you DeeDee!  We sure will miss you!!!

I decided to work on a new project each month of 2023.  January project was crochet beaded socks for some close friends that just had baby girls.  Fun to do something different!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you are safe and healthy and well wherever you are.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your Grandma's passing. ((hugs)) Sounds like she lived a long and full life and glad she'll now be back with the love of her life at least. Super cute socks and another amazing cake you've made. Glad you were able to have some nice meals out with loved ones and friends.

    ReplyDelete