Monday, February 6, 2023

2023 Blue Jeans Week 5

After being gone a week, re-entry can be rough.  It was a good week, though.  Nothing major.  Take a look at our week...
I got home Sunday afternoon, and it was our state's birthday.  Traditionally I always make a sunflower cake to celebrate, but that didn't happen.  Mr J helped me out, though.  He made cupcakes and frosting and had everything ready to go when I got home.  We made sunflower cupcakes instead.  Sure appreciated him taking care of that for me.  Traditions are important!

Our different versions of sunflower cupcakes.  They were yummy!

Got a new cookbook this week.  About a year ago I made my own sour dough starter and am excited to make some more yummy things with it.  

Made this recipe from my new cookbook for sour dough cinnamon chip bread.  Tasted like yummy cinnamon rolls without the frosting.  We liked it!

After being gone, I needed to spend a day cooking and baking to catch up, and my kitchen was a mess!  Lots of good things happening though!

Friday night is pizza night at our house.  Made a new sour dough pizza crust recipe from my new cookbook and a alfredo sauce with chicken and spinach pizza.  So yummy!

For date night this week we finished reading aloud the book The Thursday Murder Club by Richard Osman.  It was a fun read.  Nice date night to cozy up on the couch with blankets and read.

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you are healthy and safe and sound wherever you are!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great food filled week. The cupcakes worked perfectly.

    ReplyDelete