Wednesday, October 22, 2014

What's up Wednesday--Shepard's pie

This is another one of those super easy recipes.  I got this just after I was married.  It was the first thing I made my new in-laws when they came to dinner after we were married.  They were impressed :)  This is the perfect dish to use up extra mashed potatoes, or easily make instant potatoes to put on top.  A friend told me the best way to make instant mashed potatoes seem like real is make them with milk and add butter.  There are not measurements on how many mashed potatoes you need.  My family loves a ratio of 2:1 on the potatoes, so whatever you have on hand or how your family likes it.  Enjoy!
Easy Shepard's Pie
1 lb. hamburger
1 can green beans, drained
1 can cream of mushroom soup
mashed potatoes
grated cheddar cheese

Brown meat.  Drain, then combine with soup and green beans.  Place in casserole dish.  Cover with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese.  Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment