Wednesday, May 17, 2017

2018 Blue Jeans Momma Week 19

Busy week!  Today is the last day of school.  The kids have one hour left until summer officially starts as I am writing this.  We are sooooooo ready for a break!  But I am moving too fast, we had a great week last week.  My mom is retiring after many years as an elementary librarian.  My grandma DeeDee and 2 aunts came out to surprise my mom at her retirement party.  It was so fun to have them here!  We had a birthday, track meet, field trip, and Little Oscars and so much going on!  End of school crazy!  Take a look at our week. . .
Miss E celebrated her 15 birthday this week!  So love this girl!  She is amazing!!

Miss E had her last track meet of the season.  She did great!  

Here is my aunt Becky, my DeeDee, my mom and my aunt Jonelle right after they totally surprised my mom by driving 1150 miles to be here for her retirement party.  So much fun!!!  I am soooo grateful for these amazing women in my life!!!

Four generations right here---DeeDee, my mom and her two sisters, me, and my four kids.  Awesome!  We had so much fun while they were here--we laughed, we cried, we laughed some more.  It was truly amazing and great memories that will last for a long, long time.  Sure love you Becky, Jonelle and DeeDee!!!!  Thanks for coming!!

I got to go on the field trip with this cute boy and his class to the city to the Museum of Art.  Lots of fun!

Our high school does a "Little Oscars" program for all those who have been in plays for the year.  They do musical numbers in between the Oscar awards.  Miss O and her two friends did a song from  Hamilton  called "The Schulyer Sisters."  They "worked it!"  It was awesome!

And then Miss O won an Oscar for her part in The Music Man!!!  So exciting!  So proud of her!!!  She worked very hard, and loved doing it so much! 

All the Oscar winners for the night!  So much fun!

Had my parents over for dinner.  We had strawberry shortcake for dessert and one of my Dad's favorite things (and my kids) to do with spray cream is squirt it into my kids' mouths.  Jesse was so excited when we bought the cream and knew my dad was coming over :)  Love it!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you have a great week!!!  Welcome Summer!!!!


2 comments:

  1. How fun is it to actually be in your pictures with your incredible family in Iola. We loved every minute of it and truly wished we could have stayed longer. I can't believe that Miss O didn't even tell us she won. So humble. Love your family, your parents, and you!!!! Have a wonderful summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lucky your kids are out of school already. 2 short weeks left for us. Little Oscars sounds like so much fun. I'm off on a field trip with my youngest today in San Francisco. No sure how many I'll have left to attend so I enjoy them all while I can.

    ReplyDelete