Tuesday, January 7, 2020

2019 Reading List

Every year one of my goals is to read as many books as I will have candles on my cake that year.  I do pretty good.  Most years I go over, some years I have barely made it, and I can only think of one year I didn't make it.  I have been doing this goal for many, many years.  I try to read at least 5 non-fiction books a year.  They are normally not my favorite.  I just love fiction, but I did get the 5 non-fiction in this year.  These are not in any certain order, just in the order I read them through the year.

1.  Seasons of Salvation by Dennis L Mangrum
2.  As You Are by Sarah M Eden
3.  The Spy by Clive Cussler
4.  Kiss of the Spindle by Nancy Campbell Allen
5.  Saving Mona Lisa--the Battle to Protect the Louve and its Treasurers from the Nazi by Gerri Chanel--non-fiction
6.  The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews
7.  The Race by Clive Cussler
8.  Glimmer of Hope by Sarah M Eden
9.  The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris
10.  Skyward by Brandon Sanderson
11.  The Book of Mormon--non-fiction
12.  A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza
13.  The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen
14.  Ogre Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
15.  A Night Divided by Jennifer Nielsen
16.  The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
17.  The Grave's a Fine and Private Place by Alan Bradley
18.  The Lost Airman:  A true story of escape from Nazi-occupied France by Seth Meyerowitz--non-fiction
19.  The Book of Mormon--non-fiction
20.  Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
21.  Echo by Pam Munoz Ryan
22.  Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz
23.  Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosnay
24.  Audrey Hepburn:  A Biography by Warren G Harris--non-fiction
25.  Ranger's Apprentice:  The Red Fox Clan by John Flanagan
26.  Where the Mountain Meets the Moon by Grace Lin
27.  The Vanderbeekers of 141st Street by Karina Yan Glaser
28.  Ranger Apprentice:  Duel at Araleun by John Flanagan
29.  The House I loved by Tatiana De Rosnay
30.  The Light Between Oceans by ML Stedman
31.  The Blue Bottle Club by Penelope J Stokes
32.  The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley
33.  The Things we Cannot Say by Kelly Rimmer
34.  The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott
35.  Palisades Park by Alan Brennert
36.  A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller--non-fiction
37.  The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley
38.  Lies Jane Austen told Me by Julie Wright
39.  The Art of Healing Heardbeats by Jan Philipp Sendker
40.  Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark Sullivan
41.  Church of the Small Things by Melanie Shankle--non-fiction
42.  The Lady in the Coppergate Tower by Nancy Campbell Allen
43.  The Christmas Basket by Debbie Macomber
44.  Christmas Letters by Debbie Macomber
45.  Call Me Mrs. Miracle by Debbie Macomber
46.  Dashing Through the Snow by Debbie Macomber
47.  The Perfect Christmas by Debbie Macomber
48.  The New Testament--non-fiction

Can't say that I had an absolute favorite this year.  Lots of good ones.  Lots of good World War II historical novels.  Looking forward to more good reads in 2020!



No comments:

Post a Comment