Monday, January 13, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 2

Back to school and early morning schedules this week.  Ugh.  Welcome 2020 and back to "normal" after the holidays, if normal really exits, and I don't know that it truly does.  Anyway, it was a good week.  Take a look....
For years we have had the tradition that the first Monday of each new year we write down our goals for the year. We focus on 4 different areas--physical, temporal, spiritual and intellectual.  We make posters of them and then put them up in our rooms where we can see them daily to remind us of our goals.  

I was re-elected to the school board for another 4 year term and went in to do my swearing in for the office this last week.  

We had breakfast for dinner this last week and had cinnamon rolls for dessert.  I love cinnamon rolls, and this recipe is so quick!  It is a flaky buttermilk biscuit type cinnamon roll versus a yeast bread one, and my family loves them so much!   They prefer these over the traditional yeast ones, and I don't mind because these are so quick and so yummy!  We had friends over for dinner tonight, and they said they were the best cinnamon rolls they had ever eaten.  Good stuff!

I do a lot of baking, and I personally feel like using real vanilla makes a difference in baking, but real vanilla is so dang expensive!  So last year I looked into how to make my own vanilla, and I did it!  It was so good!  I have about used up all I made, so Miss E was helping me make another batch for this year.  

More games.  We are loving different board games and playing new ones when we have time in the evenings and especially on weekends!

My mom is out of town, so we enjoyed having my Dad join us for dinner.  We all love hearing his stories!  Grandpas are the best!

Got a winter storm this weekend.  This was Ben shoveling Saturday.  It was pretty, and we didn't need to go anywhere, so we could just enjoy it from inside!  I like it when that happens!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you had a great week!  Come back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Love the snow. and I need to look into making vanilla. It is so expensive! Best wishes for the new year with the new goals.

    ReplyDelete