Monday, April 13, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 15

Even in the midst of a worldwide pandemic, there is much to be grateful for!  I am grateful for good books, friends who keep in touch, family who is always there, a warm home to live in, food to eat, eyes that see the flowers of spring and ears to hear the birds that sing.  I am grateful for sunshine and light, and I am especially grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and the peace and love He gives me.  Even when life seems unreal, He is real.  I was grateful for Holy Week last week and the time to study His live and His words, and it gave me great peace.  I hope you are also able to find some peace in this crazy time!  We had a good week.  Talk a look...
I made cinnamon rolls on Sunday as we watched our church services online with our worldwide General Conference.

Miss O at Miss A's place also watching General Conference, but she was also watching it in sign language as she is studying that in college.

We try to get outside every day in our yard or to the trails by our house.  Got to the trails today and enjoyed a beautiful hike!

Trying new recipes as the kids cook for us each night.  Tonight Miss E made shakshuka.  It was good!

Kids getting outside and playing some "tennis"

Making Easter cards to mail to family and friends this week just to keep in touch and hopefully brighten someone's day.

My new recipe for the month of April was homemade marshmallow eggs.  Miss E and I did it together and Mr J helped dip them in chocolate.  Yummy!

Our annual Easter egg hunt looked a little different this year than in years past, but I think these two still enjoyed it.

And our egg dying results.  Looked good!


Hope you were able to enjoy your Holy Week!  Prayers all are safe and healthy where you are!  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Homemade marshmallow eggs? That's super impressive! Wasn't General Conference so great?
    I try to pick one "take away" message that really stands out to me. This time it was, "The Lord loves effort because effort brings rewards that can't come without it." ~ Pres. Nelson

    ReplyDelete