Monday, April 27, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 17

Man, what a week.  This week was kind of hard.  We should have been in Utah with our oldest and at her college graduation.  That didn't happen.  My two youngest should have been in Washington D.C. for a National school competition.  That didn't happen.  At my husband's work, he had to lay off some people.  That was tough.  Lots of things going on right now.  I went grocery shopping in a mask.  When in my whole life did I ever imagine I would need to do that?  Kind of disconcerting. Lots of hard things, but we have a lot of be grateful for.  We got outside a lot and enjoyed nature.  We are grateful for technology that allows us to stay in contact with our college girls.  So much going on, but then we are just at home doing nothing it feels like.  What crazy times!  Take a look at our week....
Our Sunday "church" with our college girls.  Grateful for zoom!

Our Sunday walk on the trails.  It has been beautiful weather!  I am grateful for nature!

What I have been studying lately.  I am grateful for scriptures and for my Savior Jesus Christ!

My son's socks that were in the laundry this week.  Seriously?  We go on where and he wears this many pairs of socks?  But I am grateful I have a washing machine and it is easy to wash all these socks, and then he has to put them away. 

Some beautiful tulips from my yard.  I am grateful for flowers and the color they bring!!!

Did my once very two week grocery shopping, and I had to wear a mask!  That was like of crazy.  When in my whole life did I ever think I would need to wear a mask in public and to go grocery shopping?  Never.  Crazy!  Kind of disconcerting and I had to convince myself that, yes I could breath through it, and no I was not going to have a panic attack as I felt like I couldn't breathe (even though I could). But I am thankful that the store had everyone I needed on my list and I went right when it opened so there were very, very few people there.  The new "normal" shopping in a mask.

Went on a family bike ride this week.  I am thankful for my family and we enjoy doing things like this together and that we can do things like this together!

Miss A and her graduation pictures, minus the actual graduation :)

Super, super proud of this amazing young lady!  Wish we could have been there to be with her, but so love her and so proud!  

Excited so see what her future holds!  Law school in the fall!

Ben and Miss E playing a game one afternoon this week.  I am grateful we have lots of games as we still continue or daily routine of playing one every day.  

Saturday we had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs and had s'mores.  S'mores are one of my favorite things!  I am grateful for bonfires, roasted hot dogs and especially s'mores!

Hope you had a good week.  Stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Those are some hard hits this week. ((Hugs)) Glad your college graduate still got some pictures. I'm trying to line up a session for mine to get his done but they don't finish until mid June so still plenty of time--waiting on the stall or sash thing to come in for the pictures. It is weird wearing masks for things like grocery shopping. If you think those are hard to breath in you should try the N95's the healthcare people have to wear. We use them at work sometimes and no fun at all. Love your tulips and nature walks/rides. Take care. This too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how hard that must have been for Ben to lay off people at work, especially right now. HUGS to him! Also to Miss A for her college graduation. That's got to be hard to work so hard and then not get the usual celebration. My Senior, Spencer, is wondering if they'll still have a high school graduation and just move it to June or July? My heart hurts for our kids having these big milestones during this crisis. I'm glad y'all are safe & healthy! We are too and there's so much to be grateful for amidst the chaos. ♥

    ReplyDelete