Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer reading suggestions

So a girlfriend asked me, "Jen, I need some good authors.  Any suggestions?"

Little did she know. . . reading is a passion for me--a huge part of my life.  I am an English major after all :)  So, this is just the tip of the iceberg and some that I suggested to her.

I really like Jessica Day George's stuff--more YA but I like it.

I really enjoy the Susan Wittig Albert's The Beatrix Potter Cottage series--

Ally Condie--Matched trilogy is good

Have you read Lois Lowry's The Giver series?

John Flanagan's The Ranger's Apprentice series is one of our family's all time faves

I like (most) of Eva Ibbotson's stuff--The Morning Gift is my fave

Our Boys by Joe Drape--I really liked

Alan Bradley--The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie is the first in a series--mystery

Kristen Britain's Green Rider series

Julia Golding's Dragonfly is Miss A's favorite book, and I really like it.

I like Janette Rallison's stuff--more YA but fun--like laugh out loud fun, and good characters

I love Joan Bauer's stuff--YA, but great, strong female characters

Richard Peck's A Long Way from Chicago and then A Year Down Yonder are excellent, laugh out loud--they are great read-alouds, and really all his stuff is good that I have read

Holes by Louis Sachar

Linda Hillenbrand--nonfiction, loved, loved, loved Unbroken by her

So hopefully in your hot summer weather (sure is hot here) you can find a good book to curl up with by your air conditioner or the pool!  Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment