Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What's up Wednesday--some favorites

On this Veteran's Day, as we honor our military who work so hard so we can be free to blog, cook, and live our lives how we want, I wanted to share two favorite recipes at our house lately.  They come from none other than the famous Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  Love that place!  I make something of hers at least 5 times a week if not every day.  Good stuff there let me tell you!
This first one we have at least once a month. Super easy, quick, and so yum! This ham and pasta skillet dinner is the best!  It calls for red peppers, but we have used yellow, green, or whatever color we have on hand.

This cake decadent chocolate cake with whipped chocolate frosting was an experiment.  It is made with quinoa--no flour, so I wanted to try it.  Oh my yum!  And it looks so good too!  You look like a gourmet chef as you bring it in.  My family was very impressed.  I made it just for fun one day and then Ben requested it for his birthday cake this year, so you know it is good.  It does take a while to make, but it is sooo worth it!

Hope you enjoy these favorites of ours!  And a HUGE THANK YOU to our Veterans and the men and women serving us today!  God bless you and your families!

No comments:

Post a Comment