Monday, July 6, 2020

2020 Blue Jeans Week 27

Happy 4th of July week!  It was a hot and humid week here.  We enjoyed some family time.  I am so grateful for this country.  It definitely isn't perfect, but we are so blessed to live here.  I am so grateful for the men and women throughout time that have given their all for our freedoms.  I am so grateful for their families.  Their sacrifice is huge.  They sacrifice and put their loved one in harms way, so my family and I can be safe and enjoy the life and freedoms we have.  I am forever grateful!  Hope you had a wonderful 4th of July!  Take a look at our week...
Went on an evening walk this week and enjoyed the sunset over the lake on the trails near our house

On a cooler evening, doing family scripture study outside and enjoying the evening.

This guy was super excited this week because he got his first smart phone.  Bought it with his own money from all his hard work this summer.  Wooohoo!

Picture from my girls.  My sister and her family took my girls and some of their friends to an amusement park this past week.  They had a lot of fun!  

I have been really diligent about only going to the grocery store once every two weeks since all this crazy started beginning of March.  It has been a good thing.  It is a full cart, but I am glad to limit my trips to the store!

Happy Canada day.  Mr J has the maple syrup out and ready to serve to celebrate :) 

Picture from Miss E this week.  She went camping with some of her cousins and sent us this.  So pretty!

Happy 4th of July!  We celebrated just our family with lots of yummy food and drinks.  This layered drink is one of our favorite 4th of July treats.  Recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe here 

Everyone picked something they wanted to make/eat for the 4th.  Mr J picked 7-layer dip.  Also from Mel's Kitchen Cafe here, and it was yummy!  He did a great job making it!

Went on a 4th of July hike before we had our yummy dinner and enjoyed lighting off our own fireworks and enjoying the others around us.  It was a great day!

Thanks for visiting!  Hope you had a great week too!  Stay safe!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful week! Love your 4th of July layered drink and all the wonderful summer scenery. Super cute picture to end with too.

    ReplyDelete