Monday, June 5, 2023

2023 Blue Jeans Week 19

Ok, Graduation week here!  May 7-13.  We had 10 people staying at our house for Mr J's graduation.  Ben's parents were here and all our kids and spouses.  It was awesome!  They were all here for a week, and we had a wonderful time!  Take a look at our graduation week for Mr J....
First off, the week started with seminary graduation.  Mr J and his friend did 4 years of early morning seminary and graduated on Sunday.  This is the early morning class that I teach.  It is not an easy thing for a high schooler to get to class every school day at 6 a.m. for Bible and religious studies, but these two did it all 4 years and are amazing!

Ben and I are very proud of them both!

Some more cake prep before the family gets here.  This is the cake Mrs OC requested.  It is a banoffee cake--banana cake layers, salted caramel, nutella frosting and nutella whipped cream and toasted hazelnuts.  It was pretty amazing!

Cake all done.  I didn't do much on it because I was putting it into the freezer to keep until we had it when everyone was here.

And Look who is here!  Ben's parents have not been here since 2018.  We have gone to see them, and we have meet them for vacations in different places, but they have not been to our home since then.  They were supposed to come in 2020 for Miss E's graduation, but we all know what happened then.  So fun to finally have them here! Ben enjoys playing some games with his parents.

Happy Birthday to Miss OC!!!  Her birthday was a week ago, but we wanted to make her a cake and celebrate when she was home.

Happy Graduation Mr J!  Our whole family was there to support him!

Makes my momma heart so happy to see my kids home and together!

Mr J and Ben's parents.

Mr J and my parents.  So awesome both his grandparents could be there to support him!

Mr J and his Uncle.

The whole gang!


The graduate!  Valedictorian and a few other medals.  So proud of his hard work!

Very proud Mom and Dad!  As school board Pres I got to give out all the diplomas and got to give him his.  Awesome!  I have officially given all 4 of my kids their diplomas.  I love that!


Some graduation and early birthday presents.  Chipotle is his favorite, so they wrapped it in foil like a huge burrito ;)

An avocado squish mallow

And a tortilla blanket! 

For all my kids' graduation gifts, my sister and brother-in-law have given them these cool color knives.  Mr J was excited to finally get his very own set!

Thanks for catching up with us!  

 

1 comment:

  1. What a great week to celebrate the graduate. So great Ben's parents made it out and all the kids were home. I bet they are loving your cakes!

    ReplyDelete