Monday, June 5, 2023

2023 Blue Jeans Week 20

May 14-20th we enjoyed having the family here for the first part of the week.  I cannot believe we celebrated Mother's day with all my girls, me, my mom and Ben's mom, and I did not get a picture.  That is sad.  But we sure had fun!  So grateful for the amazing mothers in my life!  Take a look at this week...
Monday Ben took off and we headed to a resort area near us and had a picnic lunch of roasted hot dogs (it was raining) and s'mores.  My favorite!  Our amazing hot dog cookers!

Playing Chronology at the resort.

Mr J and Miss E playing some pool while Grandma and Grandpa watch. 

We had a fun time at the resort together!

Happy Birthday (Late) to the amazing Miss E!  We needed to celebrate and have cake when she was home! She requested a ricotta cake with strawberry basil filling.  It was yummy!

And then we had one more birthday to celebrate a little early.  Mr A!  His birthday is in a few weeks, and as we were eating a different cake on a different day (yes, we had lots of cake while everyone was here) we stuck a candle in his last bite and sang to him a few weeks early since we can't be there in person.  Sure love him!

Mr JC is an amazing tennis player and our dear friend in town loves to play tennis.  They had a match which was so fun to watch!  Mr JC won, and they had a great handshake at the end.  

The one picture I of got from Mother's day?  My flowers.  Always love flowers!  These yellow ones were so pretty!

Loving my morning walks by the lake!  So pretty!

A very wet, cold regional track meet was this week, and this amazing kid had a spectacular finish and sprinted at the end of a very long 2 mile race to be regional champion!!!  He is headed to state track next week!  He has made it to the state track meet for the 2 mile for 3 of his 3 years of high school track (can't be 4 because no track his freshmen year because of COVID) What a great way to end his senior year!  My mom joined us in blankets and umbrellas to cheer him on! 

Thanks for catching up with us!

 

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic way to end senior year! So jealous you had all your kids home for Mother's Day. That is hard to do these days and beautiful flowers for you. Hate when I don't get pictures I should have. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete