As my dear friend reminded me several times this past month, "the only thing that is constant in life is change." I feel like I am going through a lot of changes now, and I used to think I was pretty resilient and tough and could handle things, but now I'm not so sure. Some of these changes are pretty major--moving onto a different phase of life. So what is changing in my life???
1. My best friend moved away this week. Best friend of 9 years. Lots of tears there. Not a fun change. Thank heavens for e-mail and phones, but sure will miss her! Love you Robyn!
2. My baby is starting all day kindergarten this week--all day! All four kids will be out of the house from 7:45 a.m. when they walk out the door with their dad in the morning to 3:45 p.m. when they walk off the bus in front of my house. Man, I did not ever think this day would come. When you have little ones, baby ones, and you barely have time to use a Kleenex when you need one because you are chasing kids and making bottles and changes diapers you kind of dream, "what will it be like when all of them are in school?" I think that is a major life change--moving onto a different phase in life. Wish me luck. I have mixed feeling about this change--from tears to elation depending upon the day.
3. Today in church I was released from being Primary President. That is being in change of kids 18 months to 11 years at church. I have been there for going on 4 years. I also have mixed feelings about that one.
4. Today I was called as the 2nd counselor in Relief Society, which is the program for woman in our church, with my mom being the new RS president. Lots of changes there, and I have to plan a Super Saturday (craft day) in 3 weeks. Nothing like jumping in head first!
5. I graduated from BYU almost 13 years ago (man, it doesn't seem like that long) with a degree in Humanities and English. Loved it. And this week I am going back to school. Nothing major--I will be taking an art design class from my dad who is an art professor/professional artist at our local community college, but man, when was the last time I had to study for a test???? Ugh! Hopefully he will give me a good grade :)