Tuesday, July 24, 2012

2012 Blue Jeans Week 29

We are still trying to survive the heat.  ugh.  I am so ready for fall.  School starts in less than 4 weeks here.  Summer is winding down.  The last few weeks of summer seem to be less busy which is nice.  Here is what we have been up to here. . .
Sunday:  I had to laugh when Mr J was helping me make dinner.  It was sweet and sour chicken and the sauce that he was stirring had vinegar in it, and he did not like the smell :)

Monday:  It was 105 today, and the kids have lots of fun keeping cool this way.  The grass under our trampoline is the only grass on our acre not dead :)

Tuesday:  Super Hero J to the rescue.  They did super heroes and made these cute masks and capes at the library today.  We love the library!
Wednesday:  I am a list person--with 4 kids and their different activities, I have to be.  I write all the activities/where I need to be with whom and when for each day on a post-it note.  I am a huge post-it notes fan, but today my list was too big for my regular post-it note.  I wrote it all down and just laughed.  What a crazy, crazy run around day today was!

Thursday:  This week was Mr J's swimming lessons.  He went off the driving board for the first time, and then he was hooked!  His swimming has really improved this year.  He got the breast stoke down and was diving off the board by the end of the week!  Yeah Mr J!

Friday:  Miss A and Miss O were doing a play this week, so I took Mr J and Miss E to lunch.  Mexican is their favorite --chips and salsa are a necessary food group to them.

Saturday:  Miss A and Miss O were in the children's theater production of The Tortoise and the Hare this week.  Their performance was today.  Miss A was the tortoise and Miss O was a weasel.  It was a cute musical and the girls did great!

Thanks for visiting and have a great week!



Chic Homeschool Mama

3 comments:

  1. LOL! Love that picture of your son in the kitchen holding his nose--too cute! What a great way to use the trampoline on a hot day. I'm a huge post-it note fan too and go nuts when I run out. It's like my right arm has been cut off or something. Your schedule is insane but I can so relate. Me, I head to work to relax ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so behind in looking at your blog. I'm glad you are getting through the hot summer - there have been tons of news items on your neck of the woods lately. We've been thinking of you lots.

    And yes -that particular day you wrote down looks so nuts. I have lots of those :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler! What a great backyard you have. I am also a list person. I did post-it notes for years and thought I'd always use a physical pen and paper. In the last few months I've converted to using the notepad on my phone. I now have all my lists in the same place (grocery lists, todo lists, meal plans, etc). I was skeptical at first, since I like the pen/paper, but I could never go back!

    ReplyDelete