So last week was a seriously bummer week--my camera broke!!!! I got two pictures for the whole week, and then it broke! I am so sad. I feel like my right arm was cut off. I am in a quandary about what to do to replace it. Ben suggested just getting me an iphone or itouch. I am not too interested in that. I want a camera. I just want a point and shoot that is small and can stay in my purse, and I take everywhere. The one I had was a Canon, and I loved it. I think it just got dropped too many times (oops) from constantly being in my purse and going everywhere as part of our lives. I am so sad. So anyone have any suggestions about cameras they like? Or cameras on your phones? I am not a big fan of that, but maybe? I am open for suggestions. . .
So. . .
here are my 2 pictures that I took this past week :)
We were playing Apples to Apples Jr, and I took this from the floor view. I think you can see everyone's feet in this picture. Love it.
I went to lunch and shopping with some of my awesome girlfriends this week. We bought pumpkins and mums--fall here we come!
Some random thoughts about this week. . .
1. The newspaper helped me out with my photos--they must have known my camera would break, Miss A and Miss O were on the front page of the sport section different days this week for their cross country (Miss A got 6th in the varsity meet) and Miss O playing volleyball.
2. Volleyball is over--yeah! This last week was a killer with games Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and a 5 game tournament on Saturday--whew! Time for a nap. . .
3. Miss E is playing in a African Drumming Circle group after school on Mondays. She loves it.
4. Mr J will be glad volleyball games are over. I think he was sick of sitting there, and sitting there and eating snacks I brought or forgot to bring, "didn't you remember to bring gold fish mom?"
5. Homecoming was this past week. I wish I could have gotten a picture of us at the game. We actually won, and Miss A's choir sang the National Anthem. It was a beautiful night for a football game.
6. I went with Mr J's class to watch the homecoming parade. I wish I had a picture of that. The kids had so much fun, got tons of candy, and it was fun to see Miss A in the parade with the freshman float.
7. Small towns are a great place to live, and I love our small town.
8. I am making pumpkin waffles this morning. I am so ready for fall. Getting Halloween decor out is on the 'to-do' list this week. We will see if that actually happens.
9. I substituted at the kids' school most of last week. My house is a mess, and dinners were crazy. I just wanted to order pizza every night. I have a whole new respect for working mothers now. You are amazing! I don't know how you do it. I have a week of work at home to catch up on after working outside the home for a week. Ugh. I don't think my family enjoyed me working last week either. It just threw our whole schedule, meals, cleaning, laundry, and life off. Thursday night I told Ben I was so grateful he worked so hard so I could stay home. He agreed :) I am very grateful that I have that opportunity to be home. It is a blessing I really appreciate, and my family has a greater appreciation for it too after this week.
Thanks for visiting and giving your camera opinions. I need to get a new one ASAP so my life can get back to normal :) Have a great week!