Sadly, no photos for this week. Still no camera. I can't decide what I want--decisions, decisions. I had a Canon before and loved, loved, loved it, but I have seen a lot of good reviews on a Nikon, so I am still undecided. Despite no camera, we did have a good week. I took a lot of "mental" pictures this week.
Some random thoughts about this past week. . .
1. I love volunteering at my kids' school. I do a reading group with Miss E's class. We were talking about heroes, and I asked each kid who their hero was. On kid said, "Well, my hero is dead, but it is Michael Jordan." Um, I was pretty sure Michael Jordan was not dead, but I could not convince this kid of it. I said, "Michael Jackson is dead. Michael Jordan is not dead." Hilarious! Brought back thoughts of junior high/high school and singing '. . .like Mike, if I could be like Mike--I wanna be, I wanna be like Mike..." any other teen-child of the 90's remember that song? I think it was from a milk commercial on school's Channel One. Anyway, volunteering at the school is fun :)
2. Mr J was instructing me on the different cool games Ben has on his itouch. Ben uses it for work, but the kids make sure it has lots of games on it for when he comes home. I seldom touch it, so Mr J was showing me the fun games he likes. Those things are just amazing.
3. My two older girls and I went to a service project and the girls got to do face painting on residents of a children's hospital. It was a neat experience for them.
4. As a family we attended a silent film festival. We go every year. The festival has an orchestra that accompanies the films live. It is really cool, and my kids love it. Silent, black and white films--who would have thought the kids would love them, but they do. Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton are their favs.
5. Still haven't gotten out my Halloween decorations. It is still on my long 'to-do' list, but I did get pumpkins bought and on the front porch.
6. Finally got our new windows painted! yeah! Mark that off the very long 'to-do' list.
7. Watched a very inspiring women's meeting. I am so grateful for a Savior who will always love me and is always there for me. What a blessing.
8. Miss A got 3rd in her varsity cross country meet this week! Way to go girl!!
Thanks for visiting! Hopefully next week I will have a camera and pictures to share!