Monday, November 26, 2012

Pre-Thanksgiving week 2012

In case you didn't notice we were out of town for Thanksgiving.  We left the Friday before right after Ben got off work.  It was so nice to spend the week with family.  More about that in the next post.  There are my pictures from our pre-Thanksgiving week.  Enjoy!
Ben and Miss E rocking out together.  Miss E just decided she wanted to learn how to play the guitar.

Miss A and Miss O practicing a duet for Christmas.

Miss O practicing a pie she wants to make for Thanksgiving at Grandma's.  It is a banoffee (banana toffee) pie from Mel's Kitchen Cafe--so yum!

Mr J is so good to practice and prepare for things without being asked.  Today after school he had his goldfish crackers and grape juice and was practicing his Christmas songs for the school Christmas program.

Today I had the awesome experience to go to lunch with a Newbery Medal Award winning author--Claire Vanderpool.  She is a Kansas Native, and the first Kansan ever to receive the renowned Newbery Medal.  She was visiting our kids' schools, and my mom was in charge of taking her around.  My mom called me and asked if I wanted to go to lunch with the two of them--um, yeah!   She was a great lady to get to know, and I loved her book Moon Over Manifest which won the Newbery last year.  If you haven't read it, check it out!

Thanks for visiting and hope you all had a great week!

2 comments:

  1. How cool is that? You are so lucky your mom gets all the cool authors to visit your schools! :) Wish I was there too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to go to lunch with a Newbery author. I bet it was fun and interesting. Looks like you had a great week prepping for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete