Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What's up Wednesday--Blueberry cake bars

I meant to post these in more of the blueberry season, but I misplaced my recipe.  I found it Sunday tucked in a cookbook and was so happy because these are good!  I love blueberries, and even though these call for fresh, I am sure you could use frozen.  Enjoy!

Blueberry Cake Bars

1 yellow cake mix
2 sticks of butter, melted
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon

Place above 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.  Reserve 1 1/2 cups of mixture for top.  Put remaining batter into greased 9x13 pan.  Press into bottom of pan.  

In a small bowl gently combine

2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup sugar

Spread blueberry sugar mixture over crust.  Scatter pieces of reserved crust over top.  Bake 350 until light brown about 40-45 minutes.  Cool on wire rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment