Monday, October 22, 2012

2012 Blue Jeans Week 42

Yeah, yeah, yeah, my new camera is here!  I have pictures to share :)  Life is good.  Here are some shots of our week. . .

When my new camera came I thought it would be interesting to get a shot of all the digital cameras we have owned.  The one on the right was our first ever-- a 3.2 mega pixel monster.  We got it in 2005.  The middle one is my Canon Powershot that I loved and was a huge 10 mega pixels upgrade.  I think it got dropped too many times.  The black one on the left is my new Canon, and I am loving it.  Interesting to see the evolution in less than 10 years.

A keeping it real shot--"Seriously mom you are taking my picture while I wash the dishes???  Seriously?"

Not sure about the gangster girl on the end, but she is 12 and in middle school, so that should explain everything.  It was my Dad's birthday this week, and we had him over for dinner.  

Miss E and Miss A helped me count box tops for school this week.  I am the box top lady at the school :)

The kids didn't have school Thursday or Friday this week because of conferences, so today we baked.  We made pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin waffles, and pumpkin chocolate chip muffins.  All will go in the freezer to feed us in the mornings for the next few weeks.  We love pumpkin at our house!

Since the kids didn't have school, they decided to have a sleepover in the basement, stay up late, eat snacks and watch a movie.  I had no problem with this since they are in the basement, and I was on the second floor, and I heard nothing :)  I slept very well while they stayed up and didn't sleep :)  but I am glad they have fun together.

Ben and Mr J were enjoying Friday night lights for the last time.  Our last home football game was this weekend.  It was cold!  A perfect fall football evening.  Sadly we lost, but it is always fun to go to a game and cheer on the home team!  

Saturday was Miss A last cross country race.  You can read more about that in my previous post.  She had an awesome season, and we are so proud of her!  She missed qualifying for state by one place and less than one second, but we found out she set a school record for the fastest varsity girls cross country race today.  Way to go Miss A!!!

Thanks for visiting and hope you all have a good week! 




Chic Homeschool Mama

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new camera. It's cool to see the evolution. I know my first digtal was so huge in comparison. WTG Miss A! That is amazing. Too bad she missed qualifying for the state trials but she broke a school record and that's so cool especially as a freshman. All your pumpkin baking sounds so good. I need and want to do that soon. Maybe this weekend. It's finally cool enough to want to turn the oven on ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! New Camera!! That is really fun to see the evolution. I'm not sure I even have my old cameras.
    I LOVE the look on your daughters face. I probably wouldn't have been amused if you took my picture while I was doing the dishes, but it's life right?
    I used to love having basement slumber parties growing up. We don't have basements here...I'm kinda sad that my kids are missing out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG- your first one is the same as my first digital. It now belongs to my daughter. Amazing how far they have come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you got your new camera! We have several that are similar! I love the keeping it real shot! I need to do that more! I love Miss A's face in the running pic. with so much determination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The camera you just replaced looks just like mine. Canon PowerShot A1100IS. What kind did you get this time? Mine's on it's last legs so I may have to copy cat you again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photos. Looks like a busy week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my goodness! What fun to see your family. I'm so proud of Abigail! Memories of Fall Time in High School!

    ReplyDelete