Monday, May 27, 2013

Blue Jeans Week 21

Our first official full week of summer!!!  It has been a special one.  We had a birthday and some wonderful visitors for my son's upcoming baptism into our church next weekend!  Here is a look at our week. . .

Miss E with her new (to her) trombone for middle school band next year.  She has all summer to practice :)

Our first summer project--making hangers.  This was also a family history project as these hangers were made originally by my great-grandma Nana.  So, we talked about and read about my kids' great-great-grandma Nana as we made them.

Another summer project--how big of a block tower can you make?  Miss O won and then the fan hit it right after this picture and great was the fall there of :)

Miss O reading to Mr J before bed.  She does the voices so well in his favorite picture book The Little Red Pen by Janet Stevens and Susan Stevens Crummel.

Our special guests are here!!!  Grandpa and Grandma arrived today for Mr J's birthday and upcoming baptism in our church this weekend!  We are soooo excited to have them here.  Mr J and Grandma look at some photo albums together.

Grandpa is always so good to help with projects while he is here.  Ben took some time off and they worked on some house projects that needed to be done.  Miss O was their helper.

My baby boy had a birthday!  He requested a chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake (oh my, such a boy taking after his mother) and we made this one here.  Yum!!  What a special boy he is!  We sure love you Mr J!

Thanks for visiting!  I hope you have a great week!  Come back often---I post

Mondays--our pictures from the week
Wednesdays--yummy recipes
Friday--whatever--crafts, thoughts, etc

I am linking up with Kleinworth Co and The Mom Creative.

4 comments:

  1. Exciting week!! My bubbe (grandmother) made all of us hangers and I cannot wait to pass them onto my kids one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful first week of summer break. You have lots of projects lined up which is great! The hangers sound so cool. I have some hand knitted from my grandmother. The colors are a bit dated but they are the best hangers and I would trade them for the world. Happy birthday to your little guy--that cheesecake looks amazing! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ♥ that idea of making something from your great-grandma, and then also reading stories about her life.

    Can't wait to see the pics from the baptism next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to see the finished pictures of the hangers and everything that's involved. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete