Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What's up Wednesday--Garlic bread

So my mom has been making this "Gabby's Garlic bread" since I was little.  I think Gabby was a TV chef back in the 70's, but I am not sure.  Whoever Gabby is, I love though because of this bread.  It is the.best.garlic.bread.ever.  I have been eating it my whole life and can attest to that fact.  So good!
Miss E was helping me make it this week.  We were having spaghetti for dinner, and spaghetti and garlic bread just go together at our house.  

Gabby's Garlic Bread

Slice one loaf of French bread into 1" slices.

Grated Parmesan cheese

In a microwave bowl put
1/2 cup butter
2 tes green onions, chopped fine
1 tes parsley (I always use dry, but if you have fresh that is great!)
1/2 tes oregano
1/4 tes dill weed
2 garlic cloves--crushed (I just buy the big container of minced garlic and put in 1 tes of that)

Microwave (less than a minute) until butter is melted and then stir all together.  Place sliced bread onto a big aluminium foil sheet (we always have to put two sheets together by folding them in the middle)
Using a pastry brush, brush both slides of each slice of bread with the butter mix.  Spread any extra butter mix on top of bread.  Take Parmesan cheese and sprinkle in between each bread slice--like Miss E is doing above.  Wrap bread up in foil and bake at 400 for 15 minutes.  Divine--let me tell you--it is divine!  You will want to eat the whole loaf yourself!  Yum!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment