Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's up Wednesday--banana bread

I think I have shared this before, but it is definitely worthy of a repeat.  This banana bread is my great-grandma's recipe.  We called her Dearie.  That wasn't her real name, but she did not want to be called 'grandma' because that made her feel old, so she was called Dearie.  She was wonderful.  She passed away when I was still in elementary school, but I remember her.  I remember going to her house and spending time with her.  She was the mother of 5 girls and was truly inspiring.  I love having this recipe of hers to remember her by.  I think it is the best banana bread ever!  The great memories make it even sweeter.
Dearie's Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter, soft
1 cup sugar

Cream the butter and sugar together then add
2 eggs

Mix well.  Then add
2 cups flour
1 tes baking soda
1 tes salt
1 tes vanilla 
3 medium ripe bananas mashed

Mix well then pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for one hour.  Insert toothpick in middle to see if it is done.  I usually have to cook it 10 more minutes or so until the toothpick comes out clean.  

Enjoy with wonderful thoughts of your grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment