Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday thoughts

What a week.  It didn't go as I had planned, but that really isn't unusual :)
This was my bathroom mirror inspiring quote this week.  Love it.   

And this is what was going on outside this week.  

And this is what was going on inside.  Tuesday morning at 5 a.m. we got a call that school was canceled.  Tuesday afternoon I was out for the count.  I had the flu, and I did get a flu shot in November.  I was so sick.  This trend continued to Wednesday--no school, me sick, and also onto Thursday--school started 2 hours late and I was still sick.  So while my kids were doing things--like trying to make a snow fort in a blizzard and taking pictures of their sick mom on the couch--I was totally out of it.  Good thing my kids are older and can take care of themselves for a few days.  Don't they know mom's aren't supposed to get sick??  Come on!  Especially not on snow days when school is canceled!  Geez!

But on a happier note, I did read this book this past week.  Brandon Sanderson is probably one of my favorite authors now.  I read his Steelheart book a few weeks ago and loved it.  I didn't think I would like this one or 'get it' at first, but I really enjoyed it.  It is a book that really makes you think.  Sanderson is an extremely talented writer.  If you haven't ever read anything by him, I would highly suggest starting with his book Elantris.  That is one of my all-time favorites.  

Have a good weekend and stay warm and healthy!  We are going to try and do that here too!!

2 comments:

  1. So so Sorry for you…. Hope you are better…. even Herb missed a day and a half of work as had Influenza A…. Got right on Tamiflu … so thankful… Not pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed the cute new photos of your kids on the right. Darling!

    Very sorry about your flu bug. It's one of the countless reasons none of us get the flu shot...

    But what I really wanted to say was I loved the Elder Perry quote you posted here. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete