Friday, January 16, 2015

Jen's 2014 Reading list

For the past several years I have had the goal of reading as many books as I will have candles on my birthday cake.  Some years I go way over, and some years I barely make it.  This year I barely made it.  Since August I have really been behind on all the "normal stuff" I do because of the school bond campaign that I was in charge of, and then as soon as that was over, it was time for Christmas, so I feel lucky I actually got as many as I was supposed to this year.  I made the goal of reading 10 non-fiction books for 2014, but that didn't happen.  I think I read 4.  My goal is to try to read 10 this year. I don't know that I could pick one favorite book that I read.  There were several that I really liked.  I will star them in the list.  I don't think there were any that I didn't like because if I start reading a book and don't like it, then I don't finish it, but I must admit, and don't hate me for it, The Fault in our Stars was really not a favorite.  I know a lot of people loved that one.  Me, not so much. But we can still be friends, right??? :) So, without further adieu, my 2014 reading list--not in any particular order, just by when I read them. . .

1.  Wonder by R.J. Palacio ***this was one of my favorites, if you haven't read this yet, it is a must-read
2.  First in Their Hearts:  A biography of George Washington by Thomas J. Fleming
3.  Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson***loved this one.  Can't wait for the sequel that just came out!
4.  Carry On, Warrior:  Thoughts on Life Unarmed by Glennon Doyle Melton
5.  The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery*** love anything she writes.  Great classics!
6.  The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson*** another great book by him
7.  Hattie Ever After by Kirk Larson***Sequel to Hattie's Big Sky.  Both are great!
8.  The Apprentices by Maik Meloy***Sequel to The Apothecary
9.  The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw
10.  The Silver Bowl by Diane Stanley
11.  The Cup and the Crown by Diane Stanley**Silver Bowl trilogy Book 2
12.  The Princess of Cortova by Diane Stanley**Silver Bowl trilogy Book 3
13.  The False Prince by Jennifer Nielsen**Book 1 in the Ascendance Trilogy**A favorite
14.  The Runaway King by Jennifer Nielsen**Book 2 in the Ascendance Trilogy
15.  The Shadow Throne by Jennifer  Nielsen**Book 3 in the Ascendance Trilogy
16.  Trice Upon a Marigold by Jean Ferris**3rd book in Once Upon a Marigold series
17.  The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
18.  What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
19.  Legend by Marie Lu
20.  Prodigy by Marie Lu **Legend trilogy Book 2
21.  Champion by Marie Lu **Legend trilogy Book 3
22.  The Fault in our Stars by John Green
23.  The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen by Syrie James
24.  Princess of the Silver Woods by Jessica Day George
25.  Dark Canyon by Louis L'Amour
26.  Last of the Breed by Louis L'Amour**another favorite, our whole family read and loved
27.  Dangerous by Shannon Hale**another favorite
28.  Evertrue by Aston Brodi
29.  Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo**Grisha Trilogy Book 1
30.  Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo**Grisha Trilogy Book 2
31.  Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo**Grisha Trilogy Book 3
32.  On Little Wings by Regina Sirois
33.  The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen**a favorite
34.  The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
35.  Maggie Vaults over the Moon by Grant Overstake
36.  All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
37.  Still Alice by Lisa Genova**book about a women who gets Alzheimer's**a favorite
38.  Pathfinder by Orson Scott Card**one of my favorites for the year

No comments:

Post a Comment