Thursday, January 29, 2015

What's up Wednesday--on a Thursday--Mom's meatloaf

Better late than never, right?  Wednesday just slipped away from me--it was kind of a busy day, had the sister missionaries for dinner, Miss E had a dentist appointment,  Mr J had his cub scout pinewood derby--which he won!  And about a million other little things going on.  So, that results in my What's up Wednesday being posted on a Thursday, but life is still good.  This is my Mom's Meatloaf recipe, and it is sooooo good!  I have heard several people say they don't like meatloaf, but then they probably haven't had my mom's.  It is really good.  It is one of my family's favorite meals--meaning that everyone--all 6 of us, love it!  That is gold star material right there!  It pairs really well with the onion potatoes and carrots I posted last week.  Enjoy!
Mom's Meatloaf

2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup ketchup
1 package dry onion soup mix
2 lbs hamburger
1 1/2 cups oats, quick or regular

Mix all of the above ingredients together until well mixed--get your hands dirty :)

Place into a loaf pan and bake 350 for 1 hour 

then take out, drain any grease and mix 1/4 cup brown sugar with 1/3 cup ketchup.  Place over the top of the meatloaf and then continue cooking at 350 for 15 more minutes.  This becomes a sweet glaze over the top that is so yum!  

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment