Wednesday, January 21, 2015

What's up Wednesday--Onion Potatoes and Carrots

Two of my favorite recipes are on this plate--my mom's amazing meatloaf which I will share next week and these divinely yummy onion potatoes and carrots.  Normally I keep my side dishes very, very basic.  I strive to have protein, carbs, veggies and fruit at both lunch and dinner.  Good food and good nutrition are all about balance and moderation.  These potatoes are super yummy and very easy.  They are great with a meatloaf, a roast, or chicken.  I have even put in a can of roast beef with the potatoes before baking and just had that for the main dish.  Yum!  Enjoy!

Onion Potatoes and Carrots
6 russet potatoes
2 -3 large carrots
1 package onion soup mix
1/4 cup butter

Scrub 6-8 potatoes, don't peel and slice thin width-wise.
Peel and slice carrots thin.
Spray 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread sliced potatoes and carrots in pan.
Mix 1/2 cup warm water with 1 package onion soup mix.  Pour evenly over potatoes and carrots.  
Slice 1/4 cup butter into thin slices and place evenly over potatoes.
Cover with foil and bake 375 for 45 minutes.  

Carefully stir when done and serve.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment