Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday thoughts...2015 reading list

For years I have had the goal that I need to read as many books for the year as I will have candles on my birthday cake.  I cannot remember the last time I didn't make that goal, but life happens and this past year I didn't make it.  I just did not have enough time to read all the books I needed to, but I did get quite a few read.  I also had the goal of reading 10 non-fiction books last year and only read 6, but I think an important part of setting goals is when you don't reach them, look at why, evaluate and then move forward.  Don't get down on yourself--learn from the experience and move on to get better.  Anyway, wanted to share my list with you from last year.  I liked all the books I read.  I don't finish a book if I don't like it because of content, language, or whatever.  So, I would recommend any of these.  My favorite?  My 3 teenage girls and I have really like the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer this past year.  I am currently reading Winter which is the last book in the series.  We would all highly recommend them.  These are in no particular order, just the order of how I read them.  Enjoy!

1.  Ruins by Orson Scott Card, book 2 in the Pathfinder series
2.  Human Game:  The True Story of the Great Escape Murders by Simon Read--non-fiction
3.  The Great Escape by Paul Brickhill--non-fiction about an amazing WWII escape, watch the movie if you haven't seen it yet with Steve McQueen
4.  Visitors by Orson Scott Card, book 3 in Pathfinder series
5.  Atlantia by Ally Condie
6.  Gifted Hands:  The Ben Carson Story by Ben Carson--non-fiction and just an amazing and inspiring book
7.  Mark of the Thief by Jennifer Nielsen
8.  Letter in the Red Dragon Box by Gale Spears
9.  Cinder by Marissa Meyer, book 1 in Lunar Chronicles series
10.  Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, book 2 in Lunar Chronicles series
11.  Cress by Marissa Meyer, book 3 in Lunar Chronicles series
12.  The Tales of Beedle the Bard by JK Rowling
13.  Fairest by Marissa Meyer, book 4 in Lunar Chronicles series
14.  The Big Picture by Ben Carson, non-fiction
15.  The Traveler's Gift by Andy Andrews--this one was really good
16.  Mirror Sight by Kristen Britain, book #5 in Green Rider series, which she takes way too long in between books for my taste, but I still love her books.
17.  Blackmoore by Julia Donaldson, a Regency Romance
18.  Fire and Steel:  A Generation Rising by Gerald Lund, book 1 in series
19.  Supersonic Saints by John Bytheway, nonfiction
20.  The Book of Mormon, non-fiction
21.  Longing for Home by Sarah M. Eden
22.  Longing for Home:  Hope Springs by Sarah M. Eden
23.  The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, a WWII historical fiction
24.  Fearless by Elvira Woodruff
25.  Home and Away  by Dean Huges, a WWII Christmas story
26.  Miss Barton Unmasks a Prince by Jennifer Moore, a Regency Romance
27.  A Heart Revealed by Josi Kilpack
28.  Lord Fenton's Folly by Josi Kilpack
29.  Becoming Lady Lockwood by Jennifer Moore
30.  Lady Emma's Campaign by Jennifer Moore
31.  Gideon's Gift by Karen Kingsbury, a Christmas Story
32.  Maggie's Miracle by Karen Kingsbury, a Christmas Story

My girls and I also got into Jane Austen Regency romance books this year, the ones by Jennifer Moore and Julia Donaldson are some of those.  They were fun, clean, entertaining Regency era romances.  Sooooo many good books to read!  Looking forward to filling up 2016!  Happy Reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment