Monday, March 1, 2010

Taking it as it comes and keeping on course

Life is never predictable. We like to think it is, and that we are in control--especially me. I am a planner; the whole week is planned out--each day I do certain things or go certain places. I am predictable. But you just never know when life will throw you a curve ball. Sometimes those curve balls are huge and completely knock you off your path, and other times they are just minor bumps. We have had some of each in our lives. Everyone does. Last week Miss O got sick. I had plans; I had places to go, people to see, things to do, but she got sick, and I didn't leave the house for 3 days. All those "important" things I had to do, didn't seem so important anymore. I think it is vital to take a moment every now and then to stop and look at what we are doing and think "Is this really important?" "Who/What are the most important people/things in my life, and do my actions reflect that they are the most important?" Sometimes we are forced to take these moment like I was last week, but it would be better if we could do it without those curve balls to knock us off and remind us. Hopefully we all have a goal for our life, what we want, and where we want to be. We set our course and start on our way, but it is easy to get distracted and get off our course. We need to take the time to realign our course with our goal and make sure we are getting to where we want to be with those we want there. So happy sailing, beware of those curve balls, and remember to stay your course!

2 comments:

  1. Funny how things just pare down to the basics when we're trapped at home with sick children. You are right, gives a lot of perspective. Really shows what can go and what can't.
    By the way, you are so funny! That picture on my blog of Aron with newborn Joshua was taken in the hospital, not an apartment. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deeply feld same thing.
    Happy sailing under shiny the sun!!!
    M from Japan

    ReplyDelete