Sunday, August 28, 2011

Confident

In May my newly turned 6 year-old started piano lessons.  His teacher is the same one I had lessons from in junior high and high school.  She is awesome.  When new little kids start she likes to have a parent there for the lessons so they know what the kid is supposed to be doing, and she will make specific suggestions to help them with their technique and such.  It has been fun to go with him.  But a few weeks ago I couldn't stay, and Ben was still at work, so I told Mr J that he would have to have his lessons alone today.  He looked at me very calmly and said, "It's okay Mom.  I can handle it."  Then he hopped out the van and ran to his lesson.  I had to laugh, but luckily he was out of the car so he couldn't hear me. 
I am glad he can handle it, and I hope that confidence stays with my boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment