Tuesday, June 19, 2012

2012 Blue Jeans Week 24

Summer is in full swing, and there are lots of activities, but I think my kids enjoy summer because of the actual 'play time.'  There is unstructured down time to just play, and my kids love that.

Sunday:  Mr J loves trains, always has, but during the school year there just isn't a lot of play time.  He has loved playing trains this summer.

Monday:  It is also nice to have the kids home to help clean more :)  Not that they really enjoy that aspect of summer, but mom does

Tuesday:  Went to a soda fountain with my mom and 2 of my girls.  Those are fun places and yummy too!

Wednesday:  Enjoying the tree swing--classic summer

Thursday:  They have such cool programs at our library.   We love our library.  Today they had a program about night time animals, and we got to feel all their pelts and see their skulls--cool stuff!

Friday:  Summer is a time for projects, and today my girls were helping their grandpa build shelves in his shed.  They are very lucky to have their grandparents close.

Saturday:  Miss E has started to work on a quilt with my mom.  My mom is a huge quilter, and I am grateful my kids can learn skills from my parents.

Hope summer is going well in your neck of the woods!  Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great week!



1 comment:

  1. Man, I wish one of my kids would enjoy unstructured play time!!!!!! The other one does...

    Can I come learn quilting skills from your mom too? That's awesome. We have amazing quilters here, I'm not one of them :)

    Hooray for summer!

    ReplyDelete