Saturday, June 9, 2012

Canyonlands National Park

So after our days at Arches NP we went to Canyonlands National Park.  It is about 40 miles away from Arches.
I didn't know much about Canyonlands NP, and I was amazed when I got there.  It reminded me a lot of the Grand Canyon.  This arch looking out over a vast canyon was beautiful.


Aren't bunny ears over a sibling's head mandatory in vacation photos?

The girls looking out over another canyon.

Beautiful overlooks, and Miss O is getting tired ;)

This area was called the upheaval dome.  The changes in color of the rock were awesome.

Looking out over the canyon with the Green River in the background.  Amazing to think what water can create over the centuries.  We loved Canyonlands National Park!

1 comment:

  1. That is really beautiful! We have never been and now I want to go.

    ReplyDelete